— I most appreciate one of kind art. No replicates. No miniatures. No prints. Only one.
No matter the mood of the piece, my hope is that when contemplated, it provides a quiet moment.
My art has elements with individual histories, joined together to tell a combined story. Each is a chronicle, complete with scars and adornment. As I work with them and they begin to evolve, I cannot help but to see a bit of personality start to emerge, so they are appropriately named.
First release of 2018.
Repurposed Antique Frame (Victorian circa 1800’s) unified with Pine Tree Root reclaimed from the Deschutes National Forest.
It took some time to find a counterpart that adds a bit of adventure to this brilliant Victorian frame, acquired by auction. It features four elevating continuous patterns! After many outings, I at last sighted an energetic pine tree root, in the forest near Sisters, Oregon. A perfect equal.
My goal – create a confident piece that represents new beginnings and that feeling of anticipation that comes from expecting a fresh dawn. A work, when contemplated, I long may inspire hope and embrace opportunity and feat. Appropriately, Chance, was finished on the first day of January.
Approximate Dimensions: 20 W, 42” L, 10” D
$4,200, plus freight
Between commission projects and preparing for Art in the High Desert happening in August, I have limited works available. Working hard, though.
AHD is always lifting and I am sure this year will be even better! If you happen to be enjoying the event, stop by and check out my new pieces and say "hello." I welcome the conversation and interaction that happens at AHD. If I am not there, then you caught me on one of my short breaks. I am never gone for more than a bit. I have been quite busy preparing for the exhibition and will soon begin to provide sneak peaks of new works that will be available at AHD. I will post them on Facebook and release them via my Artwork Release eLetter. Hope to see you there!
Art in the High Desert 2018 Info: This Juried Art & Craft Show is Ranked 10th in the nation for Fine Art Fairs by the Art Fair Sourcebook. Only 115 nationally acclaimed, hand-picked, visual artists from the United States & Canada are selected to participate. And, it is held on the banks of the Deschutes River in Bend, Oregon’s Old Mill District!
I accept commissions (custom orders), as well.
The minimum cost for a commission is $3,000, with a non-refundable deposit of 50%. The remaining balance and S&H costs are due upon completion and before shipping. Please submit a Commission Inquiry for more specific pricing.
Learn more about commissions here.
With so much individuality and capacity in being human, do we really require thousands, if not millions, of replicates of everything? Is it not okay, sometimes, to have one of something? To appreciate it privately? It is not that derivatives are inherently wrong, as they, of course, have their worth. However, it dilutes the good and meaning of, one of kind, to me.
Owners of Fusion Frames have shared how personal and meaningful they consider their artwork. Fusion Frames are exceptionally distinctive. Each encompasses a genuine piece of reclaimed wood and an existent picture frame, both with their own history and nuances. When fused together they become one, with a fresh beginning. The same piece influences people differently, as is the case with all art. However, when it comes to visual art that unites the organic, I believe only the original can bring about the most far-reaching impression. I do not want to temper the experience by offering reproductions. Moreover, I want to preserve and protect the undivided impact for the individual that has a special right – the procurer.
I devote incredible hours to my Fusion Frames, as I enjoy making art. I make 20-30 artworks per year – dictated by the time requirements of each Fusion Frame. For I independently seek out each element, frame and branch. I, alone, design, build and enhance every piece. I even crate the artwork, with a bit of help, which is a time intensive undertaking, to ensure every Fusion Frame reaches its new owner unscathed.
I recognize my appreciation for one of kind art, created by one set of hands, limits my ability to complete a significant number of artworks per year. However, it enables me to create one of kind pieces, in the truest sense, by which I am inspired. It is worthwhile to me. More importantly, it is meaningful to my patrons. If not an absolute requirement.
Retail purchases return policy. This return policy does not apply to event, reseller or commission purchases.
FUSION FRAMES NW (FFNW) is committed to providing the finest quality art. Artwork is professionally crated for shipping, in-house, to ensure it reaches you in original condition. Artwork is insured for the purchase price and requires a Direct Signature upon delivery. Purchaser should inspect the artwork, directly and carefully, upon receiving it.
Satisfaction Refund Request
FFNW Fusion Frames are original one of kind artworks. High-resolution images and concise descriptions are available online, so Purchaser can evaluate each piece and make a well-informed buying decision. However, if Purchaser is not satisfied with his/her Fusion Frame, in most cases it may be returned within 5 days of receipt, for a refund of the cost Purchaser paid for the Fusion Frame, less a 15% restocking fee, and less the part of the shipping & handling costs FFNW paid (if any). The following conditions apply:
1. The Fusion Frame must be unused, undamaged and in original condition and packaging
2. Shipping & handling charges, duties, and brokerage fees are not refundable
3. Purchaser pays for return shipping charges
4. Returned Fusion Frame is insured for the original sales price
5. Purchaser requests a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA). No refund, credit or return will be accepted or processed without an RMA. To notify FFNW of a Satisfaction Refund Request and ask for an RMA, email FFNW. Upon said notice, FFNW will provide further instruction
6. FFNW reserves the right to reject a refund for a Fusion Frame, which has been damaged in return transit
Damaged in Transit Refund Request
In most cases, FFNW assumes responsibility for the sole costs of the artwork and original shipping & handling (if any) paid to FFNW, by Purchaser, for a Fusion Frame damaged in transit. The following conditions apply:
1. Purchaser requires delivery person to note damage to shipping container upon delivery, before signing for delivery, if there is evidence of damage to the shipping container
2. Purchaser request delivery person to witness inspection of container contents (Fusion Frame) upon delivery, if there is evidence of damage to the shipping container
3. Claimed damage is proven by reliable evidence and Carrier investigation to have been sustained in transit
4. FFNW accepts responsibility, even if Carrier will not reimburse FFNW for an insurance claim because Carrier determines packaging did not meet Carrier requirements
5. Purchaser notifies FFNW of damage immediately upon delivery and inspection, but in no event in less than 1 day, in writing, explaining the damage and the receiving & inspection process, and includes attached photos documenting claimed damage
6. Purchaser requests a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA). No refund, credit or return will be accepted or processed without an RMA. To notify FFNW of a Damaged in Transit Refund Request and ask for an (RMA), email FFNW. Upon said notice, FFNW and/or Carrier will provide further instruction. If Purchaser fails to notify FFNW of claimed damage within 1 day of delivery, FFNW will not accept responsibility for claimed damage, and the responsibility, in its entirety, will remain with the Purchaser and/or Carrier
7. Purchaser retains all of the original packing materials
8. Purchaser ships the Fusion Frame back via a commercial carrier
9. Returned Fusion Frame is insured for the original sales price
10. Purchaser pays the return shipping cost
11. Claim Determination: If the damage claim is approved, a refund of costs Purchaser actually paid to FFNW for the Fusion Frame and original shipping & handling will be credited to the original method of payment. If claim is denied, Purchaser will not receive a refund and the Fusion Frame will be stored in its original packaging, available for Purchaser to arrange for shipping or pick up, for up to 90 days
Failure to Accept Delivery
1. If Purchaser fails to accept delivery, Purchaser will not receive a refund
2. If Carrier policy dictates that a package is automatically returned to sender, Purchaser is responsible for return shipping charge compulsorily levied on FFNW, and Purchaser will promptly reimburse FFNW for said return shipping charge
3. Should a financial transaction merchant or company reverse a charge for Purchaser, due to Failure to Accept Delivery, reversing all or part of the original payment for Fusion Frame and/or shipping & handling costs from FFNW’s account:
a. Purchaser agrees to a 25% restocking fee, and Purchaser will promptly pay said fee to FFNW, unless said fee has been satisfied by a partial reverse charge
b. Purchaser is responsible for original shipping & handling charges, in total, and Purchaser will promptly reimburse FFNW for shipping & handling costs that Purchaser did not pay (if any), unless said costs have been satisfied by a partial reverse charge
Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)
1. If the conditions set forth above are met, an RMA will be issued
2. An RMA is required for all returns. No refund, credit or return will be accepted or processed without an RMA
3. An RMA is not an approval of a refund request. It is an authorization to return the Fusion Frame for claim evaluation & determination
4. The RMA will include further instruction on how & when to return the Fusion Frame, and additional information on the inspection, verification and refund request determination procedure
Please click on the PayPal Buy Now Button below the images of the Fusion Frame artwork you would like to purchase. You will be redirected to PayPal's secure site to complete the transaction.
Payment, Ship Date, Insurance
Exact (final) shipping charges are provided before shipping an item. Only upon your approval and full payment of the frame, packing & all shipping charges, will the order proceed. Typically, orders are shipped within 15 business days of cleared payment. All shipments are insured.
Accepted Methods of Payment
I accept payments via PayPal. PayPal accepts the following cards: Visa / Delta / Electron MasterCard / Eurocard Maestro American Express. Debit cards (also known as bank cards) are accepted if they have a Visa or MasterCard logo.
Continental United States Packing & Shipping Charges
In the Continental United States, all frames are shipped via a certified carrier at their lowest rate classification. FFNW artwork is professionally crated for shipping, in-house, to ensure it reaches you in original condition. Each piece requires a unique packing solution and all require a custom sized box and foam inserts. The shipping cost varies. It typically cost $250 for a small item, $350-$450 for a medium size item or more for a very large or more intricate item.
International and/or Alaska, Hawaii & Puerto Rico Shipping Charges
Frames destined internationally and/or outside the lower 48 states (Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico) are shipped via a certified carrier at their lowest rate classification. FFNW artwork is professionally crated for shipping, in-house, to ensure it reaches you in original condition. Each piece requires a unique packing solution and all require a custom sized box and foam inserts. The shipping cost significantly varies, depending on your location. These orders are charged the actual cost of shipping your art. You will be responsible for all duties and import taxes. Please note: All duty charges, brokerage fees & any taxes are calculated and collected in the country of delivery.
Stay up-to-date on my new artwork releases by signing up for my Artwork Release eLetter here.